According to Gartner, “SCP (supply chain planning) is a well-established technology market, but SCP is being redefined by drivers such as digitization, supply chain disruptions and volatility.”
"Technology now trumps process.
Leading companies are in full swing to digitize their SCP, and this is opening up opportunities they didn’t think about initially. With well-thought- out digital planning technology initiatives, these companies get to innovate their planning on an almost continual basis
Per our understanding, this report covers key capabilities, frameworks and technologies that enable companies to make more-effective and higher-quality planning decisions. It includes more mature planning solutions, as well as emerging technologies, to help illustrate what next- generation SCP landscapes could look like.
Download the Gartner Hype Cycle for Supply Chain Planning Technologies, 2020 to help you:
- "Improve decision making in global supply chains and across ecosystems — especially with constrained resources"
- "Drive higher planner productivity through decision automation"
- "Develop new insights and value from exponentially growing data volumes and types (including taking advantage of new data sources)"
- "Balance speed, responsiveness, agility, and resiliency with cost and efficiency"
- "Align planning decisions horizontally and vertically across a supply chain ecosystem to ensure compliance with corporate goals"
Get complimentary access to the research today.Gartner, Hype Cycle for Supply Chain Planning Technologies, 2020, 12 November 2020, Tim Payne, Amber Salley, Pia Orup Lund.GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.